There are many reasons why supplements have become popular in recent decades.
People are always looking for ways to improve their health and appearance. Supplements can help people lose weight, gain muscle, and improve their overall health.
There are many different types of supplements available on the market today. Some are natural, while others are not so much. So, what’s the difference and which is better?
Natural supplements are made from ingredients that occur naturally in the body or in nature.
There are pros and cons to both types of supplements. Natural supplements are often seen as being safer and more effective because they are typically derived from plants or minerals and closer to what the body is used to ingesting. Synthetic supplements may be more potent, but can also come with more risks.
The Benefits of Natural Supplements
Natural supplements are made from ingredients that occur naturally in the body or in nature. Let's review some benefits of these types of supplements.
- They are more easily absorbed by the body. Natural supplements are typically made from whole food sources. This means that they are more easily absorbed by the body. Synthetic supplements, on the other hand, are often made from isolated nutrients. This can make them more difficult for the body to absorb.
- They are more natural. This may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s worth mentioning. When you take a natural supplement, you know that you are getting ingredients that occur naturally in the body or in nature. This is not always the case with synthetic supplements.
- The price of natural supplements. Natural supplements are typically less expensive than synthetic supplements. This is because synthetic supplements often require more processing and manufacturing. There are no synthetic ingredients or binders used in natural supplements. This makes them much less expensive than supplements that are made in a laboratory.
- Fewer side effects. Natural supplements tend to have fewer side effects than synthetic supplements. This is because they are closer to what the body is used to.
- More likely to be more effective. Natural supplements are also more effective because they are not weakened by the manufacturing process. They are also not subject to the same quality control issues as supplements that are made in a laboratory.
The Benefits of Synthetic Supplements
Synthetic supplements, on the other hand, are created in a laboratory. They are usually made from chemicals or synthetic compounds.
For many people, the idea of taking a synthetic supplement can be a little daunting. After all, we are told time and time again that we should be getting our nutrients from “whole foods”. So why would anyone want to take a supplement that is not natural?
The truth is, there are many benefits to taking synthetic supplements. Here are just a few:
- Due to the nature of synthetics, our body can sometimes more easily absorb the nutrients in synthetic supplements. This is because the nutrients in synthetic supplements are in a purer form and are not bound to other molecules the way they are in whole foods.
- Synthetic supplements are not diluted by other substances, and thus can sometimes be more potent.
- A possibility of higher consistency. This means that you are more likely to get the same amount of nutrients in each dose. This is not always the case with whole foods, where the nutrient content can vary depending on factors such as the time of year and how the food was grown.
Ultimately, the best type of supplement for you is the one that will work best for your specific needs. Talk to your doctor or a registered dietitian to help you make the best decision for your health.
Interested in Natural Supplements?
AlchemLife offers a variety of natural supplements. Take a look at our products page and find the right supplement for you.